Summer Camp is one of our favorite weeks of the year in the student ministry!
It is a week many students look forward to because of the unique qualities our camp has. Each day is filled with fun games, a variety of activities, lots of free time, worship, impactful talks, and small group break-out times (divided up by gender and age). Students have great fellowship with one another all week long, developing life-long friendships and drawing closer to God at the same time. We hope you can be a part of it this year!
Who this camp is for:
Any student who has completed 7th grade all the way through seniors who graduate in May 2023.
June 26–30 (graduated seniors head up on the 25th)
Williams Bay, WI (Conference Point Center on Lake Geneva; a beautiful place with lots of fun things to do!). Students will ride up on either a Grace bus or charter bus.
Psalm 27:4 says, "One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple." Our world pulls teens in so many directions and tugs at their affections and values. We know that no worldly desire will ever satisfy. What will satisfy (and what will bring Christ the most glory) is knowing Christ and putting him first over all things. When He becomes our highest desire, all other desires fall away or are aligned under Him.
Out of this spiritual theme comes our fun theme, which is "One Love to Rule Them All" (our fun take on a Lord of the Rings theme)! Lord of the Rings is filled with different characters having wildly different desires for the ring but the only right thing to do is take it to Mt. Doom to destroy it. All other desires for the ring must fade. We will have fun theme-related teams and students can bring creative costumes to help with team spirit (they of course don’t have to dress up at all if they don’t want to).
Speaker: Kevin King
We are pleased to invite Kevin King to camp as our speaker! Kevin has been the Director of Worship here at Grace since 2015 and also has a heart for youth and discipleship. He has been a leader for us at camp before and we’re so excited to have him engage us in God’s Word for the week! Kevin is married to Megan and they have two beautiful little kids; Camden and Adelyn.
Cost (please pay by check to Grace Presbyterian Church with "Camp 2023" and your child's name in the memo line):
- $350.00 if you register by May 14
- $400.00 if you register after May 14
- There is a $25.00 multiple-family-member discount for families that have multiple kids going to the camp. Each family member going receives $25.00 off their camp cost (this applies only to immediate family members living in the same household).
- Camp scholarships are available; we really don't want money to be a reason you can't come! E-mail John Vanne or have your child pick up a scholarship application at Junior or Senior High gatherings. Scholarships will be awarded based on need and in order they are received as the youth budget allows. ***If students receive a scholarship, the multi-family discount will not be awarded as well.
- Early Bird Registration deadline is Sunday, May 14
- Scholarship application deadline is Sunday, May 28
- Final camp registration deadline is Sunday, June 11
Questions: Contact John Vanne