Summer Camp is one of our favorite weeks of the year in the student ministry!
It is a week many students look forward to because of the unique qualities our camp has. Each day is filled with fun games, a variety of activities, lots of free time, worship, impactful talks, and small group break-out times (divided up by gender and age). Students have great fellowship with one another all week long, developing life-long friendships and drawing closer to God at the same time. We hope you can be a part of it this year!
Who this camp is for:
Any student who has completed 7th grade all the way through seniors who graduate in May 2021.
Williams Bay, WI (Conference Point Center on Lake Geneva; a beautiful place with lots of fun things to do!)
Colossians 2:8-10 says, “See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority.” It seems that more so than ever before, students are faced with a barrage of competing worldviews, messages, and pressure that can overwhelm and harm them. But Christ is greater and He can give us a clear and true picture of who He is, who we are, and what our purpose is.
Out of this spiritual theme comes our fun theme, which is The Chronicles of Narnia! This is a beloved book series by C.S. Lewis that deals heavily with the motif of characters being influenced by others in negative ways before coming to see the truth. We will have fun theme-related teams and no matter what team students are assigned to, they can feel free to dress up as any Narnian character they would like at camp (they of course don’t have to dress up at all if they don’t want to).
This year, we have invited a good friend and solid Pastor, Austin Branson, to join us as the camp speaker. Austin pastors Grace Church in Walworth, WI. He was formerly on staff with us here at Grace, working with youth and young adults! Austin has a passion to share with our students out of his insight of the Word and out of his own personal life experiences. He’s excited to see many of his former students again, too!
Cost (please pay by check to Grace Presbyterian Church with "Camp 2021 and your child's name in the memo line):
- $300.00 if you register by May 9
- $350.00 if you register after May 9
- There is a $25.00 multiple-family-member discount for families that have multiple kids going to the camp. Each family member going receives $25.00 off their camp cost (this applies only to immediate family members living in the same household).
- Camp scholarships are available; we really don't want money to be a reason you can't come! E-mail John Vanne or have your child pick up a scholarship application at Junior or Senior High gatherings. Scholarships will be awarded based on need and in order they are received as the youth budget allows. ***If students receive a scholarship, the multi-family discount will not be awarded as well.
- Scholarship application deadline is Sunday, May 9
- Final camp registration deadline is Wednesday, June 9
Questions: Contact John Vanne