Children's Ministry Assistant
Come Work at Grace!
Grace Presbyterian Church's mission is to love God, love others, and make disciples. If you are interested in being on full- or part-time staff with us as we live out that mission, please see below for any available job openings.
Grace Presbyterian Church is seeking a woman or man who is passionate to help children follow Christ because they have been inspired by God’s unlimited grace. If you are a results-directed, relational leader who envisions hundreds of children living out their faith, this position is a prime opportunity for someone who wants the challenge—and fun—of transforming families, neighborhoods, and schools by working with a vibrant team to develop the faith of children for the sake of Christ.
Send resume with cover letter via email to Executive Director Paul Utnage and Director of Children’s Ministry Julie Cordes to apply for this opportunity.
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Assistant
Job Status: Part-time, 25 hours per week, nonexempt. Hours will somewhat vary in special seasons, but will generally be 20 hours Monday-Friday, and 5 hours evenings or weekends during special events. Please feel free to inquire about these variations.
Experience Required: Experience in children’s ministry
Pay: $12.50 per hour
Email: Click Here
Position Description: Our church has a vision of “God’s unlimited grace inspiring all generations and peoples to follow Christ.” One of Grace’s highest priorities is to partner with parents and guardians to “make disciples for life” of children who will follow Jesus in every aspect of life. The Children’s Ministry Assistant will focus on administrative and ministry tasks, supporting the Director of Children’s Ministry and volunteers. Responsibilities include:
- Assist with recruiting volunteers and background checks.
- Give office support for Sunday Mornings and Wednesday Nights.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and preparing for Special Events.
- Plan and prepare crafts, activities, and lessons as needed for events and programs.
- Set up and attend events and programs as needed to provide assistance.
- Regularly check the children’s rooms to be sure there are enough supplies and properly working equipment.
- Assist with setting up rooms on all three floors.
- Purchase supplies and equipment as needed, including researching the most cost effective product that suits our needs.
- Fill out, submit, file, and track Purchase Orders and Check Requests.
- Order, print, and organize Sunday Morning Curriculum.
- Order and print Children’s Bulletins for Sunday Worship Services.
- Organize and update the attendance books regularly.
- Schedule relevant Facebook posts.
- Share ideas for discipling children and ministering to families.
- Submit items for the eNews and Bulletin.
- Request website updates.
- Schedule events in the Grace Connect church management program.
- Assist with mailings.
- Provide general administrative assistance for Grace Kidz.
How to Apply: Send cover email and summary of qualifications and experience to the email address above.
For a PDF version of this job posting, click here.