Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
Come Work at Grace!
Grace Presbyterian Church's mission is to love God, love others, and make disciples. If you are interested in being on full- or part-time staff with us as we live out that mission, please see below for any available job openings.
We currently have a position open for a part-time administrative assistant, Monday through Friday. Potential candidates possess high level computer skills, attention to detail, are highly organized and able to multi-task, and demonstrate a servant attitude.
To submit a resume, please email Ellyn Book. (Please do not call the church office.)
For more information, please see the position description by clicking here.
Children's Ministry Assistant
Grace Presbyterian Church is seeking a woman or man who is passionate to help children follow Christ because they have been inspired by God’s unlimited grace. If you are a results-directed, relational leader who envisions hundreds of children living out their faith, this position is for you! It's a prime opportunity for someone who wants the challenge—and fun—of transforming families, neighborhoods, and schools by working with a vibrant team to develop the faith of children for the sake of Christ.
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter via email to the Executive Director, Paul Utnage, and Director of Children’s Ministry, Julie Cordes.
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Assistant
Job Status: Part-time, 25 hours per week, nonexempt. Hours will somewhat vary in special seasons, but will generally be 20 hours Monday-Friday, and 5 hours evenings or weekends during special events. Please feel free to inquire about these variations.
Experience Required: Experience in children’s ministry
Pay: $12.50 per hour
Email: Click Here
Position Description: Our church has a vision of “God’s unlimited grace inspiring all generations and peoples to follow Christ.” One of Grace’s highest priorities is to partner with parents and guardians to “make disciples for life” of children who will follow Jesus in every aspect of life. The Children’s Ministry Assistant will focus on administrative and ministry tasks, supporting the Director of Children’s Ministry and volunteers. Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Director of Children and Family Ministries to carry out the vision and mission of Grace Kidz.
- Have a desire to see children grow in their faith and for parents to disciple their children.
- Attend Grace and be involved in Children’s Ministry.
- Pray for Children’s Ministry, the volunteers, and the families.
- Have a positive attitude and be enthusiastic for the ministry.
- Assist with recruiting, screening, and training new volunteers.
- Give office support and provide general administrative assistance.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and preparing crafts, activities, and lessons for regularly scheduled programs and special events.
- Assist with setting up and tearing down rooms on all three floors, as needed.
- Attend special events, including those in the evening or weekend, as needed.
- Regularly check the children’s room to be sure there are enough supplies and properly working equipment.
- Purchase supplies and equipment as needed, including researching the most cost effective product that suits our needs.
- Fill out, turn in, file, and track purchase orders and check requests.
- Order, print, and organize Sunday Morning Curriculum.
- Order and print children’s bulletins for Sunday worship services.
- Organize and update the attendance books regularly.
- Schedule relevant Facebook posts.
- Share ideas for discipling children and ministering to families.
- Submit items for the eNews, bulletin, and website, and assists with requesting them.
- Schedule events by obtaining accurate information and entering it into Grace's church management system.
- Assist with mailings as needed.
How to Apply: Send cover email and summary of qualifications and experience to the email address above.